Thursday, February 26, 2009

Do I Miss Being Cuervo Man?


To be honest, I don't. It was a hell of a lot of fun while it lasted, and it definitely had its perks (or perqs, if you prefer), but I'm sincerely happy to have moved on. And yes, John Hodgman's piece on "This American Life" may have had something to do with the imminent end of my run as Cuervo's official party catalyst because of its perceived portrayal of the brand as an irresponsible employer (the piece was truthful and accurate as well as entertaining, but probably not in Cuervo's best interest), but my time was almost up anyway.

Cuervo was in the midst of changing its image to that of a hipper, more sophisticated beverage [cough] from that of a brazen shot of liquid courage which released the inner untamed spirit. And honestly, I needed to grow up as well. So it all worked out for the best. And for just a few days every few years when Plan B re-airs on TAL, I get to be a famous minor radio personality.



And...scene.

No comments: