Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Shorty Representin'!


I LOVE this guy!

Yes, Dustin Pedroia (pictured between six-foot tall Jed Lowrie, number 12, and six-foot, four-inch David Ortiz) is listed at 5'8". And with the way he's crushing lately, you could list him at 6'5" and I'd have to accept it. That's why I love this picture which shows his true height which is about 5'6", if that. I know his legs are slightly bent, but a six-footer TOWERS over him by what looks like about 10-12 inches here. It's great to see the little guy is still able to mix it up with the ever-growing giants of sport.


Spud Webb, 5'6"---------- Wes Welker, 5'9"-------------- Darren Sproles, 5'6"

Spud Webb was the king of little men (not "little people", they don't officially have a king). Wes Welker is listed at 5'9". Looks more like 5'7". And Darren Sproles is seriously a flea on the football field.

Why such interest in the little man, you ask? I'm listed at 5'8".


I'm number 43, and I'm FIRED UP!!! Roxbury Latin goes undefeated and wins the ISL in '88 for the second straight year. I shoulda gone pro.

And...scene.

4 comments:

Scott said...

so sad that your team seemingly needs to play in someone's front yard. nice of them to build bleechers for you, though.

McShowoff said...

You spelled "bleachers" wrong. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA................HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Scott said...

If celebrating my typo helps comfort you in this time of shortness, enjoy your victory, my miniature friend.

McShowoff said...

I reach for anything I can use to forget my diminutive stature.