Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Get Your Popcorn Ready



Just saw "Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson" at the Angelika. Definitely go see this amazing and unsettling documentary. And I highly recommend watching "One Bright Shining Moment", a documentary about George McGovern's 1972 presidential campaign, to add some context.

Great movie, but that's not why I'm blogging. I just had to let you know that the loudest popcorn-eater on the planet was there at the theater. Oh, and she came in about 30 minutes late and noisily adjusted her plastic shopping bags for a minute or two while she got settled before she started crunching popcorn with her mouth open for the next 90 minutes. Oh, and she was Lauren Hutton!

I had no idea that it was she until the movie was over and my friends, Wayde and Greg, got a good look at her leaving while I had gone off to the men's room.

It's good to know that celebrities can go out in public in New York City and just be themselves without worrying about being ridiculed for it.

I wonder if the gap in her teeth somehow amplifies the sound of crunching popcorn.


And...scene.

No comments: