Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Clarification (But Not a Moment of Clarity)

Upon reading my last post, you might ask what the hell I was doing working as a glorified cheerleader for an Atlantic Division rival of my beloved Celtics anyway. You would not be out of line.

Let me simply say this...it is not "that guy" treason to receive a paycheck for performing these types of duties for a rival of your favorite team. You just cannot truly switch alliances, and I never did. One exception to this rule is that a Red Sox fan may never do any work in this capacity for the Yankees, nor may a Yankee fan do similarly for the Red Sox. And my secret for maintaining my native allegiances during Nets home games against Boston? I still implored the crowd to cheer for the Nets, but I was completely insincere.

And...scene.

No comments: