Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Never Use an Accountant Who's Going to Jail Soon


I know this seems obvious, but you'd be amazed at how easy it is to fall into this trap. My only warning signs were that my accountant was far too forthcoming with personal information about her own unmanagableness (I looked it up - it's not "unmanageability").

She told me about her depression and her money problems and how she was being let go from her "day job" working for an established accountant. But she really knew how to handle my receipts. Unfortunately, she was jailed (I found out from her old boss and my former accountant that she got busted for stealing and drunk driving and who knows what else) after I sent her all my receipts for 2006, and she didn't have the decency to send them back to me and advise me to find another accountant. Man! And now I keep getting bills from the IRS and New York State.

I bet she's laughing her head off in her cell at my misfortunes. She definitely got me. I know how much fun jail is.

And...scene.

No comments: