Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Do I Need a Closing Catch Phrase?

Maybe it's not exactly a catch phrase I'm talking about, but I feel like I need a way to end every communication neatly and authoritatively...a phrase not completely dissimilar in concept to Hodgman's trademark "That is all".

But before you get all high and mighty and say I cannot steal the spirit of Mr. Hodgman's oh-so original close-all, consider the possibility that "That is all" is not actually a Hodgman original. Or that maybe others have beaten me to the punch and gone on to not only fully explore (yes, I split an infinitive! I'm fine with it. And I'll do it again!), but even unabashedly exploit the raw power of these three little words.

All that said, I want to see if I can find something that works for me. I'm open to suggestions.

And...scene.

4 comments:

Bill Barol said...

You know, it's hard to go wrong with a cheery "See you in Hell."

McShowoff said...

Not bad, not bad at all.

Scott said...

I'm recommending an economical number of keystrokes. It'll be a great way to truly showcase your condescending, Ivy League elitism. Just end with "Ass."

Ass.

McShowoff said...

Scott, I do like ass. So many choices...